Welcome to Pirsuit ("Pirsuit," "we," "us" or "our"). Pirsuit is a community-oriented website created and operated by Pirsuit, LLC. With your help, we chart the top dining destinations in the world by rank, updated regularly, to give the most accurate standings to reflect the times. Pirsuit features the best restaurants and their premier dishes, all listed in one place.
Pirsuit is a collaborative database, built from ongoing effort by both our editors and a growing community. You and others work together, to discover uncharted and well known dining destinations, build a database, and rank the best of different categories. Our global editors also select their top picks, based on first hand, professional accounts
You are authorized to access Pirsuit only if you agree to abide by all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and the terms of this Agreement.
Pirsuit reserves the right to modify this Agreement from time to time, and by accessing the Services you agree to be bound by these modifications. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement or an updated version, you must discontinue use of Pirsuit.
You represent and warrant that:
(a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
(b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information;
(c) you are 13 years of age or older; and
(d) your use of Pirsuit does not violate any applicable law.
Your Membership or access to the site may be terminated without warning if we believe that you are under 13 years of age or have otherwise falsified your age.
This Agreement and any modifications thereof shall remain in full force and effect while you use Pirsuit. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions in your Account Settings page. Pirsuit may terminate your Membership at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability. Pirsuit also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Pirsuit website at any time, for any reason or no reason, or if it decides, in its sole discretion, that you have violated this Agreement or pose a threat to Pirsuit, its employees, business partners, Users and/or the public, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability.
Membership is optional. Visitors are welcome to view Pirsuit without becoming members. However, Visitors may not be able to participate in many of the Pirsuit Services.
Each Member is given the ability to vote on a restaurant or dish with 1 point per different categories. The total number of points determines the rank of that restaurant or dish in that category. Note that even though you can vote negatively against a restaurant/dish, it does not affect the score of that item.
Things Members can do:
- create a login profile (you will need this to interact with the site)
- login with Facebook (optional)
- vote on restaurants and dishes
- vote on smaller features of restaurants and dishes (e.g., decor, noise, vegetarian options)
- comment on dishes and restaurants
- submit suggestions of restaurants and dishes to be added to the site
- search by restaurant type, dish type, restaurant name, and filter by location
- have your own profile page
- bookmark restaurants and dishes
- upload photos, and flag inappropriate ones
- follow other Members
Member Profile. When you sign up to become a Member, you will create an account and provide certain information about yourself (“Pirsuit Profile”). Your account is for your personal non-commercial use. We ask that you provide complete and accurate information about yourself so that your contributions will be credible. You may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for someone else, provide an email or other contact information that is not your own, or create multiple accounts. If you choose to use a pseudonym, understand that you may still be identifiable from other information you share on the site.
Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, email address or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify Pirsuit immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for all use of your account.
Users are encouraged to:
1. Post your own content.
Pirsuit is a fun way to share photos and comments, but we ask that you don’t share photos taken by someone else, or depicting other people, without permission. Also, you should only post text that you have written.
2. Post content that is safe for people of all ages.
Your posts are visible to people as young as 13 years old. While we respect freedom of expression through photos and commentary, we must keep content in line with the App Store’s rating for nudity and mature content. Please do not post nudity or mature content of any kind.
3. Respect other users.
Pirsuit allows people from different backgrounds worldwide to view and contribute to the site. While this is a great way to share your views with users from other parts of the world, it also sometimes leads to unintentional offense. Please be polite and respectful in your actions on Pirsuit.
4. Uphold and respect the original purpose of the service.
Pirsuit is meant to be a fun way to rate restaurants and share recommendations. Self-promotion or commercial solicitation of any kind, in any form, is not usually well-received.
5. Have fun!
Pirsuit is meant to be fun. It's a great way to share your culinary experiences and learn about new restaurants to try.
You are solely responsible for the content that you post on, through or in connection with any of the Pirsuit Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other users and for your interactions with other users. Please honor these Guidelines:
- 1. Don’t post content that isn’t yours. Don’t post other people’s texts/posts/photos and/or things that you have taken from the Internet. Accounts that solely consist of only this type of content will most likely be disabled. This includes accounts attempting to pose as someone else.
- 2. Don’t impersonate. Don’t impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- 3. Don’t post misleading content. Our site relies on honest and accurate reviews. Please don’t post false or misleading photos or statements about yourself, anyone else, or the restaurants or dishes you are reviewing, and don’t post multiple duplicative reviews. If you are an owner, employee, or an investor in a restaurant, or you are related to such a person, please disclose that information in your posts. You recognize that any false statements you post may cause us or third parties substantial economic harm, for which you may be held liable.
- 4. Don’t post mature content. Inappropriate behavior is strictly prohibited on Pirsuit. Accounts found sharing nudity or mature content (including a profile photo) will be disabled and your account with Pirsuit may be discontinued.
- 5. Don’t post illegal content. If you share prohibited or illegal content, including photos of extreme violence or gore, your account will be disabled and we will take appropriate action, which may include reporting you to the authorities.
- 6. Don’t spam. Self-promotional behavior of any kind on Pirsuit is questionable. This prohibition includes repetitive comments, as well as service manipulation in order to self-promote, and commercial spam comments, such as URLs to external websites. We ask that you keep your interactions on Pirsuit respectable to its original purpose.
- 7. Don’t be rude. Pirsuit is meant to be a safe environment where users should feel comfortable sharing their experiences. Abuse, attacking, harassing, or impersonating others will not be tolerated. If we receive legitimate complaint about your actions, your account may be disabled.
- 8. Don't promote self-harm. Any account found encouraging or urging users to embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or to cut, harm themselves or others, or commit suicide will result in a disabled account without warning. We appreciate that communication regarding these behaviors in order to create awareness and lead people to recovery is important, but Pirsuit is not a place to do this.
Pirsuit may reject, refuse to post or delete any content for any or no reason, including, but not limited to content that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of any person or entity, or harm or threaten the safety of any person or entity.
Pirsuit is an open community, and it is possible that you will find things that offend you. If you are offended by content that does not violate any of the above guidelines, we will consider your concerns, but we may decide in our sole discretion not take any action.
If you find that your content has been used without permission on our site, there are a couple effective ways to resolve this situation. A good idea is to contact the poster directly and politely ask that she or he remove such content; it might have been an unintentional mistake. If that doesn’t work, please file a DMCA notice (see below) so that we may investigate. Please do not post comments about the offending content, as that may be classified as harassment, which violates our guidelines.
If you feel you are unable to follow these guidelines, Pirsuit may not be the best choice for you. We must uphold these guidelines, so that they will help keep Pirsuit a safe and fun place for all Users.
Pirsuit does not claim any ownership rights in the photos or commentary that you post (“Your Content”) through or in connection with the Services. You continue to retain all rights that you may have in Your Content, subject to the following limited license: You hereby grant to Pirsuit an irrevocable, perpetual worldwide license to use, edit, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute Your Content solely on, through or in connection with the Services, including without limitation, through Pirsuit applications, widgets, websites or mobile, desktop, or other services which are linked with your Pirsuit account, including, without limitation, distribution in any media formats and through any media channels. This limited license does not grant Pirsuit the right to sell or otherwise distribute Your Content outside of the Services.
The license you grant to Pirsuit is exclusive for restaurant review and ratings services (meaning you may not post Your Content to any other website, social media, or other publications, apps or platforms that review or rate restaurants), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Pirsuit is not required to pay you or anyone else deriving rights from you for the use on the Pirsuit Services of Your Content), and sublicensable and transferable (so that Pirsuit is able to use its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as internet content delivery networks and wireless carriers to provide the Pirsuit Services elsewhere).
We may use Your Content in many ways, including publicly displaying it, translating it, modifying or reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and promotional materials, creating derivative works with it, and allowing others to do the same with it on other sites and media platforms.
You represent and warrant that:
(a) you own Your Content, or you have obtained the rights from the owner(s) to grant the license above; and
(b) use of Your Content on Pirsuit or the Services (or others whom we allow to use it) will not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, contract rights, trademarks, copyrights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any content you post on Pirsuit or the Services.
The Services contain content of others. You may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use any content (except Your Content solely for unrelated services) appearing on or through the Pirsuit Services.
Pirsuit’s own content, including but not limited to our editors’ reviews and other Pirsuit text and images, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation of user content and other site content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user and editor review ratings, and all other elements and components of the site that we have generated (“Pirsuit Content”) is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Pirsuit owns and retains all rights therein. You may not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Pirsuit Content, except that Pirsuit hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Pirsuit Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing Pirsuit and using the Services.
The name Pirsuit and Pirsuit logos are the exclusive trademarks of Pirsuit, LLC. You may not use these marks, or confusingly similar marks or domain names, to promote your business, goods or services, or in ways that may create the perception that Pirsuit endorses your business, goods or services. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Pirsuit, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from us.
Prohibited Commercial Use
You may not use Pirsuit for commercial purposes. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Pirsuit Services, including without limitation, collecting user names, user ID numbers, and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or unauthorized framing of or linking to Pirsuit, or employing third party promotional sites or software to promote anything for money, is prohibited.
You may not post an unauthorized commercial advertisement, or accept payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your posts or for performing any commercial activity through Pirsuit.
Additional Prohibited Activities
- 1. Criminal or tortious activity, including, but not limited to, child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, defamation, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- 2. Circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of Pirsuit Services (or attempting or assisting anyone else to do so);
- 3. Using viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of our Services; or otherwise interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on Pirsuit Services or our networks or servers;
- 4. Modifying, copying, distributing, downloading, scraping or transmitting in, through, or in connection with Pirsuit Services;
- 5. Providing or using “tracking” or monitoring functionality in connection with the Pirsuit Services, including, without limitation, to identify other Users’ views, actions or other activities;
- 6. Impersonating or attempting to impersonate Pirsuit or a Pirsuit employee, administrator or moderator, another Member, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of email addresses associated with or of any of the foregoing);
- 7. Using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting anyone to access your account;
- 8. Using any information obtained from Pirsuit Services to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity;
- 9. Using invalid or forged headers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to or through Pirsuit’s computer systems, or otherwise misrepresenting yourself or the source of any message or content;
- 10. Using any automated system, including, but not limited to, scripts or bots in order to harvest email addresses or other data from Pirsuit for sending unsolicited or unauthorized material;
- 11. Using click-throughs generated through any manner that could be reasonably interpreted as coercive, incentivized, misleading, malicious, or otherwise fraudulent; or
- 12. Using Pirsuit Services in a manner inconsistent with applicable law.
Removal / Termination for Unauthorized Content or Activity
Pirsuit reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, posts content in violation of these provisions, engages in any prohibited commercial use or additional prohibited activities, or otherwise violates these provisions. Violating the policies outlined here may result, without without notice or explanation, in removal of the offending material, suspension of your access or a Disabled Account [insert URL], termination of your account, and/or reporting such activity to law enforcement authorities.
Pirsuit assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate content or conduct. Even if Pirsuit chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Services, we assume no responsibility for the content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting such content.
If you become aware of a misuse of the Pirsuit Services, please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not allow crawling, scraping, caching or otherwise accessing any content on the Services via automated means, including but not limited to, user profiles and photos (except as may be the result of standard search engine protocols or technologies used by a search engine with Pirsuit's express consent).
Invite Feature / Finding Friends
If you choose to invite someone to the Services through our "Invite" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your mobile device and send an email or text from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Pirsuit does not have access to or control this communication.
Advertising / Other Content
Pirsuit may display advertisements, promotions, and other information alongside Your Content, and you will not be entitled to any compensation in connection with such postings. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services or sponsored content.
We have no control over, and do not guarantee or endorse, the accuracy or legality of any User content, of any advertising, or any product or service appearing or promoted on the site. Such content does not necessarily reflect the views of Pirsuit.
Third Party Links
The Services, Your Content on Pirsuit, or communications you receive from the Services, may include links to third-party websites or features. Such links may allow interactions between the Services and third-party websites or services, including applications that connect the Services or your Pirsuit Profile with a third-party’s website or feature. For example, the Services may include a feature that enables you to make reservations, or to share Your Content with a third party, which may be publicly posted on that third party's site. Such services typically require you to login to your account on the third-party service, and you do so at your own risk. Pirsuit does not control any of these third-party services or any of their content.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that Pirsuit is in no way responsible or liable for any such third-party services or features. YOUR CORRESPONDENCE AND BUSINESS DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES FOUND THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY. You may choose, at your sole and absolute discretion and risk, to use applications that connect the Services or your Pirsuit Profile with a third-party service (each, an "Application") and such Application may interact with, connect to or gather and/or pull information from and to your Pirsuit Profile. By using such Applications, you acknowledge and agree that if you use an Application to share information, you are consenting to information from your Pirsuit Profile being shared; your use of an Application may cause personally identifying information to be publicly disclosed and/or associated with you, even if Pirsuit has not itself provided such information; and you use the Application at your own option and risk, and you will hold us harmless for activity related to the Application.
It is Pirsuit's policy not to accept or consider ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which this Agreement may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we develop independently. Accordingly, Pirsuit does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content (excluding Your Content), information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that Pirsuit is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Protecting Intellectual Property / DMCA Notices
Pirsuit respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. It is our policy to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the accounts of repeat infringers.
If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Pirsuit’ Copyright Agent a DMCA notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information:
- (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on Pirsuit (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement);
- (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- (f) your physical or electronic signature. Please notify Pirsuit’ Copyright Agent of the claimed infringement at the following address:
Linda Joy Kattwinkel, Esq. / PIRSUIT DMCA Agent
OWEN, WICKERSHAM & ERICKSON, P.C.
455 Market Street, Suite 1910 / San Francisco, CA 94105
If you receive a notice from Pirsuit that we have received an infringement claim about Your Content, and you believe that the content is not infringing, or that you have authorization from the intellectual property owner, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content, you may send a counter-notice. Our infringement notice will give you specific guidelines for doing so.
The Services are not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation or which would subject Pirsuit to any local registration requirement. Pirsuit reserves the right to limit the availability of the Services or any portion of the Services, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, or other feature of the Services.
Software related to or made available by the Services may be subject to United States export controls. Thus, by downloading any software related to the Services, you warrant that you are not located in, or a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods; and you are not on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders.
Although it is Pirsuit's intention for the Services to be available as much as possible, sometimes the Services may be interrupted, including, for example, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, emergency repairs, or due to failure of our servers or other equipment.
Pirsuit reserves the right to remove any content from the Services for any reason, without prior notice. Removed content may still be stored by Pirsuit, for purposes of complying with certain legal obligations or other reasons, but it may not be retrievable without a court order. Therefore, Pirsuit encourages you to maintain your own backup of Your Content. In other words, Pirsuit is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Services to store or safeguard Your Content. Pirsuit will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any content.
You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to security breaches and that the submission of content or other information to Pirsuit may not be secure. Pirsuit is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or other technical problems or online traffic congestion, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Services. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PIRSUIT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES, OR FROM THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
THE SERVICESS ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND AS AVAILABLE AND PIRSUIT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS OR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION OR FREEDOM FROM HARMFUL COMPONENTS INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPUTER VIRUSES. PIRSUIT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. PIRSUIT CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SERVICES.
Limitation on Pirsuit’s Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PIRSUIT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF PIRSUIT OR THE SERVICES, EVEN IF PIRSUIT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, THE LIABILITY OF PIRSUIT TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO PIRSUIT FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF YOUR ACTIVE ACCOUNT.
Jurisdiction / Dispute Resolution
The Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. If a dispute arises under this Agreement, you agree to promptly notify Pirsuit of the dispute and to work together with us in good faith to attempt to resolve it. If we are unable to resolve the dispute, either party may commence mediation through the Arts Arbitration and Mediation Services of California Lawyers for the Arts in Los Angeles County, or other venue mutually agreeable to both parties. If litigation is necessary, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in the Central District of California to resolve any dispute arising out of the Agreement or the Services. You agree that the Pirsuit website shall be deemed solely based in California; and the Pirsuit website shall be deemed a passive website that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over Pirsuit, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than California.
Time Limitation on Claims
You agree that any claim you may have arising out of or related to your relationship with Pirsuit must be filed or submitted to mediation within one year after such claim arose; otherwise, your claim is permanently barred.
You agree to indemnify and hold Pirsuit, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, subcontractors and other partners, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement and/or any content that you post on, through or in connection with the Services.
This Agreement and any modifications thereof shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. Pirsuit may terminate your account at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice or explanation, and without liability.
You agree that you are responsible for all data charges you incur through use of the Service.
The failure of Pirsuit to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Services, whether online or offline. You agree that Pirsuit is not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. Pirsuit reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment when interacting with others, including when you post Your Content or any personal or other information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.